跳转到指定楼层
1 使用道具 编辑
 楼主| 发表于 2018-12-11 18:26:38 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
李宗伟透露复出打球的原因,一是想第五次参加奥运,二是想成为年轻球员的“指引灯”,另外李宗伟还相信打球可以帮助抹去与鼻癌斗争带来的所有痛苦记忆。
文中讲述了李宗伟在得知患癌这一消息时的情形以及治疗癌症的过程,很有画面感,很感人。
“我妻子是早上11:30接到医生电话的,我当时没有听到电话,因为早上的训练比较累,我在休息,”李宗伟叙述道。
“我已经拿起球包准备离家,然后,我就问妙珠医生是不是来过电话了。她就走向我,抱着我哭泣。我知道是个坏消息,她告诉我是鼻癌。”
“我的羽毛球包从我手中滑下,我也开始哭了。我跌坐在沙发上并问道为什么是我。我妈妈听到了消息,她也抱着我哭了起来。”
想看的同学可以了解一下,《鼓舞人心的奥林匹克人》(Inspirational Olympian)

Many must be wondering why Lee Chong Wei wants to play badminton again after being diagnosed with nose cancer. Yes, he is recovering and is in positive spirits but can his diminutive frame cope with the physically demanding sport - much less enable him to play top-flight badminton again? Chong Wei tells StarSport’s TAN MING WAI the reasons behind his comeback and hopes that playing badminton again will erase the painful memories of his struggles with nose cancer.

NOSE-cancer survivor Lee Chong Wei is driven to make a comeback in badminton for two good reasons – a desire to compete in his fifth Olympic Games and be the guiding light for the younger generation of players.

He aims to be the first Malaysian athlete to feature in five straight Olympic Games by qualifying for the Tokyo edition in 2020.

Chong Wei, who debuted at the Athens Olympic Games in 2004 and won silver in his three previous outings in Beijing 2008, London 2012 and Rio 2016, is tied at four appearances with diver Leong Mun Yee and sailor Kevin Lim.

“I really want to go for one more Olympics to make it my fifth consecutive appearance,” said Chong Wei.

“No athlete from Malaysia has ever competed five times at the Olympics and I want to create history. It’s not an easy feat to make it to five Olympics, that’s equivalent to 20 years!”

Besides his unfulfilled Olympic gold medal dream, Chong Wei believes he also has a big role to play at the Academy Badminton Malaysia (ABM).

“One of the reasons I’m eager to return to training is because I want to continue inspiring the youngsters in the national team,” he said.

“We’ve seen how players like (Lee) Zii Jia and (Goh) Jin Wei have risen to the occasion this year. They are certainly the promising stars for our country.

“I hope to be present to guide them.”

Chong Wei says playing badminton again will help erase all the painful memories of his struggles with nose cancer.

He still remembers the day when he found out about his nose cancer – and will never forget how his wife Wong Mew Choo stood by him.

He was unwell and had gone for his body check-up at the Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur in mid July.

It was all back to business as usual for him – three days after the health screening.

After all, he had just clinched his 12th Malaysian Open crown in sensational style and reached the semis of the Indonesian Open and had been in good form ahead of the World Championships in Nanjing, China, in August.

The 35-year-old Chong Wei was just about to leave for the afternoon training session at the Academy Badminton Malaysia (ABM) when Mew Choo broke the sad news. He felt like the world had just fallen apart.

“My wife received a call from the doctor at about 11.30am. I wasn’t aware of the call as I was resting after a tiring training session in the morning,” Chong Wei recounted.

“I’ve already picked up my bag and was ready to leave home. Then, I asked Mew Choo whether the doctor has called. She came towards me, hugged me and cried. I knew it was bad news. It’s nose cancer, she broke the news.

“My badminton bag slipped from my grasp and I started to cry too. I slumped on the sofa crying and asked why it had to be me. My mum found out and she hugged me and cried too.”

It took a while but Chong Wei accepted his fate and sought treatment.

“On the same day we went to Gleneagles to speak to the doctor. I was then referred to Subang Jaya Medical Centre,” said Chong Wei.

“My wife did all the talking as I was very down and my mind was blank.

“The doctor suggested MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) and PET (Positron Emission Tomography) scans to find out whether it has spread to other parts of my body.

“I did it on the same day and fortunately, the cancer was still in its early stage.

“The doctor asked if I wanted a second opinion. I said there’s no need because this was already my second consultation and I wanted to be treated as soon as possible.”

Chong Wei eventually sought treatment in Taiwan, thanks to a recommendation by his family dentist.

“This close friend of mine told me to go to Taiwan as the country is well-known for treating nose cancer patients. It seems nose cancer is so common there.

“He sent my medical reports to his contacts in Taiwan.”

Chong Wei opted for proton therapy treatment. In Asia, besides Taiwan, this type of treatment is only available in Japan, South Korea and China.

“I did not choose Korea or Japan because of the language barrier. China was not ideal because I feared the news of my illness would leak. I was not embarrassed to let people know but at that time, I just wanted the privacy to go through it as it was not pleasant news.

“I went through 33 sessions of proton therapy treatment and it was a nightmare. By the third week, it has taken a toll on my throat. I could not speak or eat.

“I’m just so glad that the worst is over now.”

Chong Wei does not want to end his career as a cancer patient. He wants to come out of the ordeal, play the sport and win honours again, and that to him will be the best way for a champion to end his colourful and adventurous badminton journey.

TAGS / KEYWORDS:
Badminton , Lee Chong Wei

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2018/12/11/inspirational-olympian-many-must-be-wondering-why-lee-chong-wei-wants-to-play-badminton-again-after/#ux8jKaeTdMT2YXDF.99

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏1 赞一个赞一个
 楼主| 发表于 2018-12-11 18:27:06 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 18:30:17 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-12-11 18:30:56 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 18:55:45 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 18:56:51 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 19:00:04 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 19:30:39 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 19:30:55 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 20:08:28 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 20:40:21 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 20:55:11 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-11 21:24:06 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-12-11 21:48:19 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-12 01:44:45 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-12 03:50:48 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-12 08:03:53 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-12 08:24:50 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-12 12:15:42 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-12-12 13:15:55 | 只看该作者
该回复已隐藏,需要权限!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

社区公告上一条 /1 下一条

Archiver|小黑屋|手机APP|商务联系|招聘信息|中羽在线 ( 闽ICP备19012345号-2 | 经营许可证 闽B2-20200611 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 22:28 , Processed in 0.070773 second(s), Total 11, Slave 10 queries , Redis On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表